Your Plants Are Drying Up And Need Your Help
So, how can you help? Here are some tips to help your garden plants make it until we get some good rain and cooler weather.
- Water the root system, not the foliage. Plants only take up water through their roots. Watering the foliage does nothing for them and, in fact, could harm them by encouraging diseases to grow. The root systems of most plants extend out as far as the foliage does.
- Watering in the morning is best. The temperatures are cooler and less of the water will evaporate before our plants can take it up.
- Slower watering is more effective. Let the water soak into the soil rather than running over it. If water is overflowing the root system, it cannot take advantage of it.
- If watering container gardens, water until water is coming out the bottom of the pot.
- Add an additional layer of mulch. Mulch helps retain water around the root system.
- Long term tip: Plant native plants. They are more used to our climate conditions and require less watering.
For tips on how to best water your lawn, please see our blog post here: Lawn Watering Tips
Allentuck Landscaping Co. is Your Residential Landscape Company
Phone: 301-515-1900 Email: email@example.com
At Allentuck Landscaping Company, our mission is to create beautiful environments for people to enjoy. We see landscaping as a way to improve people’s lives.
The Allentuck Landscaping Company team has been delighting homeowners in Maryland, Washington DC and Northern Virginia for over 28 years with our turnkey approach to landscape design, installation, construction and maintenance. Most companies try to serve many types of customers at the same time; homeowners, shopping centers, office buildings and the list goes on. At Allentuck Landscaping Co., we focus on one customer, you, the homeowner. We have a singular focus on bringing you the best landscape practices, the best customer service, and the best value for your home.
Services Provide - Master Landscape Plans, Complete Maintenance Programs, Plantings, Patios, Walkways, Retaining Walls, Water Features, Outdoor Lighting, Outdoor Kitchens, Trellises & Pergolas, Irrigation Systems, Drainage Solutions, Grading & Sodding. Fire Pits & Fire Places, Spring Clean Ups, Decks, Fences, Mosquito & Tick Control, Deer Control.
Areas Served - Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Potomac, Rockville, North Potomac, Darnestown, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Damascus, Boyds, Clarksburg, Ijamsville, Urbana, Frederick in Maryland and Washington DC.