A Few Useful Tips To Prepare Your Patio For Winter
Your patio is our outdoor living room and being outside, requires a little pro-active preparation to protect it and the furnishings on it from winter. Following these simple guidelines to prepare your patio for winter and you will assure that your patio will look good for a very long time.
- Clean off leaves and debris as often as possible to keep it from staining.
- Fill in joints with either polysand or mortar (depending on which type of patio you have) to keep water from infiltrating the base.
- Clean out gutters and downspouts to prevent overflow onto your patio.
- Make sure downspouts to not empty onto your patio. This will prevent icy areas.
- Cover or bring in patio furniture.
- Empty patio flower pots of plants that have will not survive the winter. Bring in pots that cannot be outdoors for the winter.
- Backfill edges of the patio that are exposed by more than a few inches. This will prevent shifting.
- Change the light bulbs in your outdoor patio lights. It is much easier to do it now than when it is very cold.
- Scrub down and de-grease your cooking grill.
- A little time spent now will have big payoffs down the road.
Allentuck Landscaping Co. is Your Residential Landscape Company
Phone: 301-515-1900 Email: email@example.com
At Allentuck Landscaping Company, our mission is to create beautiful environments for people to enjoy. We see landscaping as a way to improve people’s lives.
The Allentuck Landscaping Company team has been a leading landscape company in Montgomery County, Maryland for over 28 years with our turnkey approach to landscape design, installation, construction and maintenance. Most companies try to serve many types of customers at the same time; homeowners, shopping centers, office buildings and the list goes on. At Allentuck Landscaping Co., we focus on one customer, you, the homeowner. We have a singular focus on bringing you the best landscape practices, the best customer service, and the best value for your home.
Services Provide – Master Landscape Plans, Complete Maintenance Programs, Plantings, Patios, Walkways, Retaining Walls, Water Features, Outdoor Lighting, Outdoor Kitchens, Trellises & Pergolas, Irrigation Systems, Drainage Solutions, Grading & Sodding. Fire Pits & Fire Places, Spring Clean Ups, Decks, Fences, Mosquito & Tick Control, Deer Control.
Areas Served – Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Potomac, Rockville, North Potomac, Darnestown, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Damascus, Boyds, Clarksburg, Ijamsville, Urbana, Frederick in Maryland and Washington DC.