2011-12-18 07:04:00 pm
Winter Is On Its Way
A nip in the air, longer nights, shorter days. We still have a lot of fall to go through but... winter is on it's way. Here is a checklist of tasks to get your home and landscape ready.
· Pick up a bag of ice melt product to have on hand.
· Shut off outdoor water spigots. Leave the faucet slightly open to drain out any remaining water.
· Drain and store all garden hoses.
· Have mower blades and pruners sharpened.
· Add a little extra mulch around tender plants.
· Move outdoor furniture indoors or cover with plastic.
· Drain and cover fountains.
· Replace furnace filters.
· Replace batteries in smoke detectors.