Native Plants Have Many Benefits
A native plants is a plant that originate in and is native to a geographical region. In other words, it naturally occurs in the area and can be found in nature.
Why Use Native Plants
- Using native plants in the landscape makes sense for a whole host of reasons. Because they are native, they are used to our conditions.
- Native plants are programmed to survive our winters and summer droughts.
- Native plants are tolerant of local pests. This is not to say they will not sustain some damage, but far less than introduced plants. They do, however, run the risk of being damaged by pests that have been introduced to the area.
- Native plants, once established need less on going care.
- Native plants provide food and habitat to wildlife.
Selecting The Right Native Plants
There are a lot of native plants available on the market these days. Just like when selecting non-native plants for the garden, consider site conditions such as light exposure, soil moisture and soil quality. In this regard, native plants are no different than any other plant. They only thrive where the conditions are right for them.
Some Of Our favorite Native Plants For Maryland Gardens
Allentuck Landscaping Co. is Your Residential Landscape Company
Phone: 301-515-1900 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Allentuck Landscaping Company, our mission is to create beautiful environments for people to enjoy. We see landscaping as a way to improve people’s lives.
The Allentuck Landscaping Company team has been a leading landscape company in Montgomery County, Maryland for over 28 years with our turnkey approach to landscape design, installation, construction and maintenance. Most companies try to serve many types of customers at the same time; homeowners, shopping centers, office buildings and the list goes on. At Allentuck Landscaping Co., we focus on one customer, you, the homeowner. We have a singular focus on bringing you the best landscape practices, the best customer service, and the best value for your home.
Services Provide - Master Landscape Plans, Complete Maintenance Programs, Plantings, Patios, Walkways, Retaining Walls, Water Features, Outdoor Lighting, Outdoor Kitchens, Trellises & Pergolas, Irrigation Systems, Drainage Solutions, Grading & Sodding. Fire Pits & Fire Places, Spring Clean Ups, Decks, Fences, Mosquito & Tick Control, Deer Control.
Areas Served - Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Potomac, Rockville, North Potomac, Darnestown, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Damascus, Boyds, Clarksburg, Ijamsville, Urbana, Frederick in Maryland and Washington DC.