May is the busiest of the garden months. There is a lot to get done so let’s get right too it.
- It is now safe to plant annual. There are so man to choose from so be creative. Cosmos, begonias, petunias, marigolds….just too many to name.
- Prune Azaleas, Rhododendrons and Lilacs as the flowers fade. This will direct more energy to new growth and next year’s buds.
- Make sure roses are clean of last year’s debris which can harvest diseases such as black spot.
- Begin looking for pests such as slugs, aphids, tent caterpillars and lacebugs.
- Plant your vegetable gardens! Whether by seed or starter plants, now is the time.
- Bring houseplants that have been overwintered back outside. Watch out for the occasional cold night.
- Have your irrigation system checked for proper coverage now before you need it this summer.
- Put water in your birdbath.
- It is staying light later. Adjust your outdoor lighting system timer.
- Mother’s Day is this weekend. Buy mom some flowers, or better yet, make her a flower garden!
Phone: 3015-515-1900 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Allentuck Landscaping Co. is Your Residential Landscape Company proudly serving Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Potomac, Darnestown, North Potomac, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Boyds, Germantown, Clarksburg, Ijamsville and Urbana.