A French drain is a trench filled with gravel or rock (or both) containing a perforated pipe that redirects surface water and groundwater away from an area. The landscaping fabric stops plant roots from entering the pipe and clogging the system. At Allentuck Landscaping, we provide French drain installation services that provide many benefits for homeowners in the Chevy Chase, Maryland, area. For instance, French drains:
- Prevent standing water that can lead to a slew of costly and unpleasant issues, including foundation problems, fungal lawn diseases, insect infestation, and many more
- Are relatively quick to install, which will minimize disruption to your daily routine
- Are aesthetically pleasing, since they are sans any unsightly grates and can fit in seamlessly with your landscape
- Prevent erosion, since they allow heavy rainfall to seep into the trench—instead of across the surface of your yard—and be carried away safely without disrupting the topsoil
- Minimize toxic rainwater runoff, since the pipe and landscape fabric protect stormwater from the soil, that way the water goes directly to the waterway while picking up minimal toxins like fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides
Trust the Pros at Allentuck
At Allentuck Landscaping, we have been providing top-of-the-line landscaping services to local homeowners since 1986, so you can trust we’ve got the expertise to perform your French drain installation properly the first time. Our team will work efficiently and uphold the highest level of professionalism the entire time they’re on your property, and they’ll leave you with a spotless jobsite and seamless results.
Contact Allentuck Landscaping today to learn more about the French drain installation services we offer to homeowners in the Chevy Chase, MD, area.