Happy Fake Friday and Happy Birthday America! The three day weekend provides lots of time for celebrating, cookouts and, of course, gardening.
Here are some things to do in July.
- The summer drought is here. Water in the morning and water deep. Just wetting the soil is not enough. Water needs to soak deep to encourage deep root growth.
- Spot treat broadleaf weeds (i.e. clover, dandelion, plantain) in your lawn.
- Mow your lawn at 3". This will help prevent scorching.
- Add a little mulch to the "bald spots" in your garden. It will help keep moisture in the soil and help keep weeds out.
- Pinch back dying flowers on your annuals so the plants will be encouraged to send out new ones.
- July is the last chance to prune back Azaleas and Rhododendron and still get flower buds for next year.
- Don't forget to water and feed your houseplants. Check to make sure soil is moist and all indoor plants are receiving an adequate amount of sunlight.
America is 238 years old! Celebrate!
To find out more how Allentuck Landscaping Co. can create beautiful landscapes for you, please call us at 301-515-1900 or email at email@example.com.