Proper Watering For Your New Landscape Is Critical
Congratulations on your new landscape, we hope you are enjoying it!
You have made an investment in improving the outside of our home, thank you for letting us be a part of your project. We want your plantings to get off to a great start and to help you ensure that your new landscape looks its best. To this end, proper watering technique is the single most important factor to ensure these desired results.
Please follow the guidelines below. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
- New shrubs and trees need to be watered every other day for about twenty minutes. Perennials and annuals may need to be watered daily. Watch the foliage for signs of stress.
- Continue this schedule for the first month then reduce watering to two times per week.
- After your landscape has been in for one year, watering will only be necessary during dry periods and excessive heat.
- Mornings are best. There is less evaporation than later in the day and the leaves can dry completely, thus helping to prevent plant diseases.
- Using a sprinkler is preferred.
- Avoid wetting the foliage. Water the roots system. Leaves cannot take up water.
- Do not rely on Mother Nature. It rarely rains enough to adequately water new plants. Most of the water will run-off rather than soak into the ground.
Sod and Seeded Areas
- Water for twenty minutes every day for the first three weeks.
- After that, monitor weather conditions and water during dry and hot periods.
- Mornings are best.
- Use a sprinkler to make sure all areas get adequate water.
7 Things To Know About Watering Your Lawn
What Is The Correct Lawn Mowing Height
Remember, Allentuck Landscaping Co. is always here to help you design, install, construct and maintain you lawn and landscape. Give us a call!
Allentuck Landscaping Co. is Your Residential Landscape Company
Proudly serving Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Potomac, Darnestown, North Potomac, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Boyds, Germantown, Clarksburg, Ijamsville, Urbana and Frederick.