Your new lawn has been carefully installed. It is important to give it the care it needs to get off to a great start. Please follow these instructions for best results.
- Your new lawn requires more water than existing lawn as it is made up of thousands of young grass plants.
- Water your new sod daily for 15-20 minutes, preferably in the morning hours.
- This should continue until the sod has rooted and you cannot easily pull it up with your hands.
- During hot, dry periods it may be necessary to water two times per day. Monitor how dry the sod is getting to determine if additional watering is needed.
- Use a sprinkler. Do not try to water by hand.
- Once the sod has rooted, back off watering to every other day for another 7-10 days.
- Once the lawn is firmly rooted (around 3 weeks after installation) it is safe to mow the lawn.
- Be gentle the first few mowing being careful not to tear at the roots when making turns with the lawn mower.
- It is best to keep foot traffic to a minimum until the new sod is firmly rooted.
- Once the sod is firmly rooted, continue with regularly scheduled maintenance and fertilizer applications.
Remember, Allentuck Landscaping Company is always here to help you design, install, construct and maintain you lawn and landscape. Give us a call!
Allentuck Landscaping Company is Your Residential Landscape Company
Phone: 301-5-515-1900 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Allentuck Landscaping Company, our mission is to create beautiful environments for people to enjoy. We see landscaping as a way to improve people’s lives.
The Allentuck Landscaping Company team has been delighting homeowners in Maryland, Washington DC and Northern Virginia for over 28 years with our turnkey approach to landscape design, installation, construction and maintenance. Most companies try to serve many types of customers at the same time; homeowners, shopping centers, office buildings and the list goes on. At Allentuck Landscaping Company, we focus on one customer, you, the homeowner. We have a singular focus on bringing you the best landscape practices, the best customer service, and the best value for your home.
Services Provide - Master Landscape Plans, Complete Maintenance Programs, Plantings, Patios, Walkways, Retaining Walls, Water Features, Outdoor Lighting, Outdoor Kitchens, Trellises & Pergolas, Irrigation Systems, Drainage Solutions, Grading & Sodding. Fire Pits & Fire Places, Spring Clean Ups, Decks, Fences
Areas Served - Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Potomac, Rockville, North Potomac, Darnestown, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Damascus, Boyds, Clarksburg, Ijamsville, Urbana, Frederick and Washington DC.