It’s Mow Time!
Next week we start mowing. I always view this point of the year with a little apprehension. Are we prepared? Do we have enough equipment? Have we gotten through enough mulching?
Even though I do, I shouldn’t worry. I know that we have the best landscapers in the industry at Allentuck Landscaping Co. and that they will take care of the customers and their properties. I am way luckier than most business owners in that I get to work with a lot of very excellent people.
Be that as it may, please allow me to voice a few reminders:
- Teach your new Crew Members. Do not assume that they know how to do the job the way we do it. Go back and check their work. Make sure they know how to use the equipment safely.
- Smile and greet your customers. They are people too. Make sure to introduce yourself and wish them a good day.
- Pull weeds and pick up debris. We have not done the spring clean up at ever property yet so a little extra help is very much appreciated. These are the tasks that customers judge us on.
Thank you what each and everyone one of you do to make Allentuck Landscaping Co. the very best landscape company in the area. Let’s get off to a great spring!
Living Our Core Values
Spring is here and there are landscapers everywhere. Literally.
As I survey neighborhoods and look at the other “companies” that we compete with, I am struck by how bad some of them look. Sloppy clothes, torn pants, sneakers, no uniform or even company hat. Frankly, it is embarrassing to even have Allentuck Landscaping Co. be considered in the same
industry as some of them. I do not mean to sound like a snob, but looking professional is important for several reasons.
- By wearing our uniforms, no one ever has to wonder what company we work for. They know just by taking a quick glance at us.
- Dressing professionally lends itself to a higher quality of work. If you look good, you will put out good work.
- Wearing our uniform, reminds each of us that we are held to a higher standard than those other companies. We should be proud of who we are and the work we do.
- Wearing uniforms reminds us to work safely.
I fully understand that uniforms get dirt (we are landscapers after all) and that shirts get untucked from time to time, but let’s remember what separates us from other companies, we are the professionals and we look like it.
Presenting a professional image and working safely is one of our Core Values!
Celebrations This Month!
We still have several several positions that we need to fill and could use everyone’s help. Recruiting bonuses ($50!) are paid for anyone who helps us fill open spots!
Crew Members – we need 3-4 more good Crew Members
Thought For The Month
Monthly Safety Line
Back strains are common injuries that can be prevented by practicing safe lifting techniques.
Please share the Monthly Safety Line with your Crew Members. It is available in English and Spanish at the following link:
Good Work – Photos From The Past Month
Ask Me Anything…
Have a question, comment, complaint or idea for Bruce? Click below to email it to him.